Software requirements and approvals
All release information refers to the 32-bit version of the products, unless stated otherwise.
The operation of the EPLAN platform requires .NET Framework 4.0 and Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML4) 6.0 from Microsoft. Further information and the latest versions of these Microsoft components are available for download from the Microsoft website.
You will find .NET Framework 4.0 on your EPLAN storage medium. Switch to the following directory: cd-rom\Services\Net Framework 4.0\en_US
To install .NET Framework, double-click the file DotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe.
EPLAN recommends the use of a 64-bit Windows operating system due to improved memory management. The EPLAN platform has been cleared for the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32 bit and 64 bit) Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 SP2 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 RC2 (64 bit)
- Microsoft Office 2007 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Office 2010 (32 bit)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL-Server 2010
- AutoCAD 2011 (32-bit und 64-bit)
- AutoCAD 2012 (32-bit und 64-bit)
- Autodesk Productstream Professional 2011
- Autodesk Productstream Professional 2012
- Autodesk Vault 2011
- Autodesk Vault 2012
- Autodesk Vault 2013
- Adobe Reader Version X
- Adobe Reader Version X Standard / Pro / Pro Extended
PLC systems (PLC & bus extension)
- Beckhoff TwinCAT 2.10
- Beckhoff TwinCAT 2.11
- Phoenix Contact PC Worx 6
- Rockwell RSLogix professional 20
- Schneider Unity Pro 5.0
- Schneider Unity Pro 6.0
- Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 version 5.4 SP4
- Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7 version 5.5
Unsupported operating systems
Windows 2000 Professional
The EPLAN Platform no longer supports the Windows 2000 Professional operating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft.
Windows 2000 Server
The EPLAN platform no longer supports the Windows 2000 Server operating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Microsoft has ceased official support for this operating system.
Windows Vista / Windows XP
Beginning with EPLAN version 2.2, the Windows Vista operating system is no longer supported. Support for Windows XP will be terminated with the next version of the EPLAN platform. From 2013, the EPLAN platform only supports the 64-bit
Note: Further information on the life cycle of operating systems is available on the Microsoft website.
EPLAN software no longer supported
EPLAN License Manager (32-bit version)
We are offering a new 64-bit version of our EPLAN License Manager for the management of network licenses alongside the new EPLAN platform. For this reason, the 32-bit versions of the EPLAN License Manager (versions 6.1 and 7.1) will not be supported anymore in the next version of the EPLAN platform.
EPLAN Schematic Generator
A transparent automatization strategy for tomorrow's requirements has been realized with our new product, EPLAN Engineering Center One (EEC One). EEC One extends our solution portfolio as a key link between conventional and mechatronic engineering. As part of this new product, the EPLAN Schematic Generator is replaced by the EEC One. Maintenance for the EPLAN Schematic Generator will be continued until September 2013.